Recent Posts

Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Magic of Thailand

So I've just returned from a 3 day trip of Bangkok, Thailand. Me and my mom had the unfortunate experience of encountering a 'Lucky Buddha' trickster, or tricksterS when we went to visit the temple of the reclining Buddha.

The tricksters were very nice and friendly, explaining where we could go and drawing places of interest on my Bangkok map. They were overtly polite, telling me im so smart for knowing the basic thai that i know, and telling me we MUST go to the 'Thai Export Centre' to buy rare gems.

My mom bought their story line, hook and sinker. But when I was looking at them in the eyes, there were only glazed-over eyes. they were smiling so hard that you can only see a curved line like this: ^____^ The tuktuk driver ushered us into his tuk tuk and we sped off.

We were supposed to go to this 'lucky buddha' temple then to the sneaky 'Thai Export Centre' place. I kept quiet and let my mom handle the talking. We stepped into the 'Lucky Buddha' temple and paid respects to a golden statue of Siddharta Buddha.

As I was sitting there with my incense sticks, I prayed for a good trip and a good life, and Ascension to be a painless experience for all of us, when i started feeling a strange sensation at the top of my skull (I'm feeling it right now as I type this). The buzzing of my crown chakra was so intense that when I was thinking about that experience a few hours later on, I felt as if I would cry there and then.

After bringing us to the temple and letting us off at the dodgy 'Thai Export Centre' which was actually a small shop, I felt I had enough lies for the day and told the tuktuk driver I needed to visit a friend and paid him his 40 Baht. He got very agitated and scolded me a big "Fuck You". My frightened mom (she was buying all their lies until this point of time) pulled me away and we escaped into a passing taxicab.

All I can say is, the tuktuk drivers and the conmen were fake, but the Lucky Buddha, oh... he was very real.


Im glad I could experience a small part of the magic of thailand in Bangkok. I had a better experience in Chiang Mai two years ago during Songkran. I was enthralled by the warmth and generosity of the farmers there. They're close to having zilch but still they gave as if they had all the abundance of the world. I cried when i boarded the plane back home from Chiang Mai. That part of Thailand has had many many ancient years of magic in it, and I've experienced some form of contact with the ancient beings there during my stay.


What was Thailand? Was it a part of the ancient Mu continent? Even the Thai King talks about legends of a golden civilization just south of Thailand a long time ago.

1 comments:

Reid Scott Anderson said...

Oh many have lived there. Some really good ju-ju there. Interesting about your Crown Chakra...hmmmm...

Post a Comment